Our core purpose is to make downtown Nashville the compelling urban center in the southeast in which to LIVE, WORK, PLAY and INVEST. Join our team!
POSITION: Marketing & Communications Manager
REPORT: This position reports to the VP of Strategic Development.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Marketing & Communications Manager envisions and sets the Partnership’s strategic communications plan in collaboration with the VP of Strategic Development, and is responsible for executing, guiding, managing and evaluating the annual plan. This role requires working closely with other team members to incorporate departmental goals and events into the overall marketing and communications plan. The master communications plan, under the stewardship of the Marketing & Communications Manager, must serve stakeholders, amplify the value proposition of downtown overall, and enhance the Nashville Downtown Partnership’s brand. The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for managing all marketing and communications initiatives to excellence, within deadline and budget. The position requires working collaboratively and independently on many digital communications content and campaigns, including social media, email marketing including the weekly e-newsletter, website content/experience, advertisements and other communications needs for a variety of stakeholder groups.
This position requires expertise in communications strategy, digital and social media best practices and ethics, web analytics, and design. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses creativity, project management skills, storytelling abilities, and audience engagement acumen. Candidate will have an interest in and ability to remain educated and savvy in the ever-evolving digital space and be comfortable making recommendations for shifts in strategies or tactics to remain relevant and effective.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Planning, Organization & Research
- Develop a comprehensive MarCom strategy in collaboration with the VP of Strategic Development to achieve organizational core purpose and serve various stakeholders
- Execute, manage, guide the plan as needed to achieve goals; evaluate success
- Identify and pursue strategies to grow the Partnership’s audiences in meaningful ways, namely to reflect the diversity of those who live, work and play downtown.
- Conduct market and audience analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth and interest
- Monitor metrics to assure outcomes support strategic initiatives
- Identify and execute content needs to best meet marketing goals
- Curate and execute all social media content
- Monitor all campaigns and improve them as necessary
- Optimize NDP’s channel mix and customer journey through testing and experimentation, and improving the voices needed and used on each
- Assist VP of Strategic Development in sponsor benefit delivery
- Understand and regularly analyze and present findings of audiences and digital presence for VP, CEO and Board
- Manage needs and placements for advertising and general marketing collateral
- Plan, write and execute the weekly e-newsletter, Downtown Details
- Foster voice development for each social platform; continually curate content that resonates with and attracts downtown residents, businesses, employees and visitors
- Deploy tools and tactics to grow the digital audience in key segments/demographics capturing a broad cross-section of downtown stakeholders
- Serve as the power user for the organization in the digital and marketing spaces: identify emerging trends, pursue continuing education, generate insights into audience needs, wants, and expectations to identify new opportunities, strategies, and messages
- Serve as the resident editor and designer for colleagues’ communications needs
- Assist VP of Strategic Development with quarterly Member e-newsletter
- Assist Director of Economic Development with bi-weekly Merchant e-newsletter
- Assist VP of Strategic Development in writing the Annual Report
Public Relations & Vendor Management
- Effectively manage vendor partners to include web developer, marketing agency, social media strategy partner, and others as needed
- Lead collaboration with agencies/vendor partners to meet the goals of campaigns and overall strategic communications plan on time and on budget
- Build and manage relationships with brand and media partners through creative strategies to increase depth and breadth of downtown’s growing brand
- Draft and issue press releases
- Coordinate responses to media inquiries
- Manage the Social Media Coordinator for the Gulch Instagram account, work collaboratively with coordinator to ensure integrated messaging as needed
- Manage website data entry specialist and assist with content curation to ensure events calendar is up to date, comprehensive, and accurate
- Ensure brand and style guide is maintained across the organization
- Serve as a champion for the importance of brand integrity and identify creative and strategic tactics needed to evolve the brand as downtown evolves
- Work closely with all team members to support key business priorities
- Be an active, enthusiastic, and engaged citizen of downtown
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications
- 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing and/or communications
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Eagerness for continued education about state-of-the-art marketing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience including board members, staff, downtown employees, community and business leaders
- Ability to be a thoughtful and collaborative colleague
- Ability and desire to take initiative and achieve goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, In-Design or similar
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished.
HOURS & LOCATION:
This full-time position requires regular business hours as well as occasional nights/weekends for special events. Staff is currently operating with a hybrid model to include some work-from-home days/hours, with flexible scheduling.
COMPENSATION: The NDP offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience. The NDP compensation includes health insurance, HSA, 401(k) plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 13 and indicate “Marketing & Communications Manager Application” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Nashville Downtown Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.