301 6th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37243
Tues - Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Exhibitions explore America’s overseas conflicts, beginning with the Spanish-American War in 1898 and ending with Vietnam War.
Originally built in 1925 to honor those Tennesseans who served in the First World War, the Museum was initially established by the state legislature to house veteran’s souvenirs beginning with the Spanish-American War. It has since grown to include military engagements throughout the twentieth century to more recent conflicts.
In the Changing Gallery:
Remembering the World War I Doughboy: The History of Tennessee’s War Memorial, on view at the Military Branch Museum. The exhibit highlights the history behind the War Memorial Building which was built in 1925 as a result of Tennessee’s efforts to preserve the memory of those who fought and died in World War I.
- The Library623 Union St (387 feet SE)
- Craft Bar & Bistro711 Union St (458 feet SE)
- Drusie & Darr by Jean-Georges231 Sixth Ave N (464 feet SE)
- The Pink Hermit231 6th Ave N (466 feet SE)
- Hermitage Hotel Gift Shop231 6th Ave N (524 feet SE)
- Sam's Clothing & Shoes227 5th Ave N (928 feet E)
- Walgreens226 5th Ave N (930 feet E)
- The Bubblery Nashville28 Arcade (976 feet E)
- Chauvet Arts215 5th Ave N (1012 feet SE)
- War Memorial Auditorium301 6th Ave N (117 feet SE)
- TPAC - Tennessee Performing Arts Center505 Deaderick St (504 feet E)
- Tennessee State Capitol600 Capitol Blvd (563 feet NW)
- Tennessee State Library & Archives1001 Rep. John Lewis Way N (600 feet NW)
- State of TN Charlotte between 7th Ave N & Rosa L P (313 feet SW)
- Sheraton Grand Hotel623 Union St (541 feet SE)
- Hermitage Hotel212 Capitol Blvd (543 feet SE)
- State of TN SW Corner of Charlotte Ave & Rosa Parks (635 feet SW)